Get inspired and share your creativity. . .
To register, please fill out this form.
- We are inviting writers to submit a work of fiction or non-fiction that reflects or represents the theme, Victory.
- Writers may enter one original piece not previously submitted or accepted elsewhere for publication.
- Participants 55+ who hold current membership at the Oshawa Public Libraries or the Oshawa Senior Community Centres are eligible to enter. Documentation of membership may be requested.
- Staff members of Oshawa Public Libraries or the Oshawa Senior Community Centres are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes will be awarded at the judges’ discretion. The decision of the judges is final.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Tell Tale Tea on October 20, 2022 from 2-3:30pm at the OSCC, 43 John Street.
- Winners may be asked to provide an electronic copy of their submission.
- Winning submissions may be published.
Checklist for Writers:
- Entry is 1500 words or less and a word count is on my entry form.
- Entry is double-spaced and typed. (Hand-written entries will not be considered.)
- Pages are clipped together, not stapled.
- Pages are numbered and the title is on the top left corner of every page.
- A cover page with the title, my name, address, telephone number and e-mail address is included. I have not identified myself on any other pages.
- I understand that failure to follow the guidelines and provide complete, legible and accurate information on the entry form will disqualify my submission.
Deliver, mail or email submissions by 5:00 pm on September 24, 2022 to:
Oshawa Public Libraries
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
Oshawa Senior Community Centres
43 John Street West
Oshawa, ON L1H 1W8
Entries will be acknowledged upon receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please follow up with Oshawa Public Libraries or the Oshawa Senior Community Centres.