Get inspired and share your creativity. . .
Seniors, you’re invited to submit your work to the Annual Writing Competition for Seniors 2023.
Your submission should be a creative interpretation of this year’s theme: Nourish. Show us what nourish means to you in 2023!
- Writers may enter one original fiction or non-fiction piece that represents the theme, Nourish. The piece may not be previously submitted or accepted elsewhere for publication.
- Entries must be 1500 words or less.
- Participants 55+ who hold current membership at the Oshawa Public Libraries or the Oshawa Senior Community Centres are eligible to enter. Documentation of membership may be requested.
- Staff members of Oshawa Public Libraries or the Oshawa Senior Community Centres are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes will be awarded at the judges’ discretion. The decision of the judges is final.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Tell Tale Tea on October 18, 2023, from 2-3:30 pm at the OSCC, 43 John Street.
- Winners may be asked to provide an electronic copy of their submission.
- Winning submissions may be published.
Checklist for Writers:
- I have filled out and attached the cover page with my entry. I have not identified myself on any other pages.
- Entry is double-spaced and typed. (Hand-written entries will not be considered.)
- Pages are clipped together, not stapled.
- Pages are numbered and the title is on the top left corner of every page.
- I understand that failure to follow the guidelines and provide complete, legible and accurate information on the entry form will disqualify my submission.
Deliver, mail or email submissions no later than 5:00 pm on September 24, 2023, to:
Oshawa Public Libraries
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
Oshawa Senior Community Centres
43 John Street West
Oshawa, ON L1H 1W8
Entries will be acknowledged upon receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please follow up with Oshawa Public Libraries or the Oshawa Senior Community Centres.