While we have fantastic collections here at Oshawa Public Libraries, from time to time we might not own the items you are looking for. We may still be able to help you find these items through our Interlibrary Loan Service (ILLO).
Items available through ILLO include:
- books (large print and regular)
- talking books
- microfilm (please call or order these in person)
Please note that the following are not eligible for ILLO:
- eBooks or eAudiobooks
- DVDs or Blu-rays
- Music CDs
- Video games
- Magazines or journals
- Items already owned by Oshawa Public Libraries so please check our Library catalogue
- Items less than a year old
Unless an Interlibrary Loan item is labelled as non-renewable, you may be able to renew your item by calling (905) 579-6111, ext. 5235, or by emailing email@example.com. Requests for renewals should be made five (5) days before the due date.
- Fines for overdue Interlibrary Loan items are $1.00 per day for renewable items, and $2.00 per day for non-renewable items. These fines are non-negotiable.
- Lost or damaged fees are determined by the loaning library.
Due to the volume of requests, we regret we are unable to notify customers if an item cannot be obtained. For updates on your requests, you can contact Interlibrary Loan staff at (905) 579-6111, ext. 5235, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide your library card number and the title of the requested item.
There are several ways to order an Interlibrary Loan:
- In person at any branch
- Email email@example.com
- Call (905) 579-6111, ext. 5235
- Online (see form below)
Most Interlibrary Loan requests are filled within a few weeks; occasionally it could take six weeks or more.
To process your request, your library card must be current and in good standing (i.e. no outstanding charges or overdue materials). We will notify you when the item arrives. Items must be picked up within 7 days of notification.