Is your school ready to take on this challenge?
Each year in April, the "Battle of the Books" teams from schools in Oshawa, led by a teacher or teacher-librarian, meet for the Semi-Battle competition. The top three teams from each division go on to the Final Battle to compete for gold, silver and bronze medals. The gold medal winners are awarded a trophy for their school and go on to compete in the Regional Championship.
The Battle of the Books is hosted at two levels: the junior division is for students in grades 4 - 6 and the intermediate division is for students in grades 7 and 8.
For more information about book lists, rules, key dates, and more for Battle of the Books 2023:
- Sept. 23, 2022: Registration Starts
- Sept. 23, 2022: Book Lists Released
- Jan. 27, 2023: Registration Deadline
- Apr. 18, 2023 at 12:00PM: Junior SemiFinals (virtual)
- Apr. 20, 2023 at 12:00PM: Intermediate SemiFinals (virtual)
- Apr. 25, 2023 at 12:00PM: Junior, followed by Intermediate Finals
- Apr. 27, 2023 at 6:30PM: Junior Regional Finals
- Apr. 27, 2023 at 8:00PM: Intermediate Regional Finals
Regional finals will be hosted by Clarington Public Library.
Congratulations to all 2022 participants!
Results of the Oshawa finals, held virtually on April 5th:
- Walter E Harris PS
- Jeanne Sauvé PS
- Sunset Heights PS
- Coronation PS
- Jeanne Sauvé PS
- Adelaide McLaughlin PS
Also participating was Sir Albert Love CS and Walter E Harris PS in the Intermediate semi-finals.
At the Regional Finals, held virtually on April 7th, we are proud to announce that Walter E Harris PS placed third for the bronze medal in the Junior Division and Coronations PS won the gold medal for the Intermediate division. Congratulations! #Oshawastrong
Registration for the 2023 season will begin mid-September.